Romance in Paradise Heaven
Day 01 – Arrival / Colombo (Evening relaxing Ayurveda massage for the couple)
As you are welcomed to Sri Lanka after a long and tiring flight on your first day, you will be escorted to an evening of relaxing traditional Sri Lankan Ayurvedic therapy in Colombo. Colombo is a multi-cultural hub amongst Sri Lankans cladded in colonial and modern structures alike. You will be able to wine and dine in some of the country’s best restaurants.
Activities in Colombo
- Traditional Ayurvedic Spa treatment as you arrive
- Brief tour of the city and gourmet local dining experience
Day 02 – Colombo / Sigiriya (Stargazing in the night at the hotel)
From Colombo we take an early trip towards the heart of the country to visit one of the most popular destinations in Sri Lanka, Sigiriya. Sigiriya is a small village in Dambulla and a tourism hotspot due to the Sigiriya rock fortress. It is also home to many luxurious and boutique hotels and villas.
Activities in Sigiriya
- You will be checked into one of our partnering hotels for an evening of dining and relaxing under the star lit sky of Dambulla.
Day 03 – Sigiriya (climb rock in the morning for the Sunrise) / Hiriwaduna Village tour
Located in the city of Dambulla, Sigiriya is home to the notorious Sirigiya rock fortress which is a citadel constructed on a 200m high rock by King Kasyapa dating back to 5th century AD. Although there is roughly 1200 steps to reach the top, the panoramic views well worth it.
Activities in Sigiriya rock fortress and Hiriwaduna village
- Early morning guided tour and climbing of the Sigiriya rock fortress to witness the panoramic view of sunrise
- Next is the tour of the infamous Hiriwaduna village to give you an interesting point of view of the life of the locals there
Day 04 & 05 – Knuckles (Trekking / Picnic lunch near a waterfall)
We head to the picturesque Knuckles mountain range for some excitement and adventure. Surrounded by mystical mountains most significantly 5 which are in the shape of a clenched with the knuckles pointing outward, it is a hiker’s paradise. The hikes can be mesmerizing with rivers, cascading waterfalls, paddy fields and rural villages can be seen all throughout.
Activities in Knuckles
- Hike towards Corbett gap and waterfall hunting
- Picnic at one of the waterfalls
- Overnight camping
Day 06 – Sigiriya / Kandy (city tour + visit the Temple)
We head back to Sigiriya and then make our way to the second largest city of Sri Lanka, Kandy. Also known for its cultural importance, Kandy boasts its historical identity with its many old structures from the colonial times and well as temples that have stood the test of time. Most notably the holy temple of the tooth relic of Lord Buddha, stands out as the most respected and visited place in town. Right next is the Kandy Lake which is an artificial lake which coupled with the misty weather, carries an ambience like no other.
Activities in Kandy
- Tour of the Kandy city where you will visit the variety of restaurants, shops and market places among others
- Visit to the Temple of the tooth relic of Lord Buddha is the most essential activity when in Kandy. You will bear witness many rituals that happen within the premises including the daily pooja for the tooth relic.
Day 07 – Kandy / Royal Botanical Gardens / NuwaraEliya (Tea plantation + factory visit)
On our way from Kandy to NuwaraEliya we will visit the famous Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya which is a short distance away from the city. Next stop will be NuwaraEliya also known as “Little England”. A small town located in the hill country of Sri Lanka, as the name suggests has a vaguely British taste to its surroundings reminiscent of colonial times.
Activities in NuwaraEliya
- Boat ride on Gregory lake which is a huge lake in the middle of the city enjoying the cool breeze and view.
- A walk inside Victoria Park. This is the main park in NuwaraEliya and was built in honor of Queen Victoria’S 60thjubilee coronation in 1897.
- Visit strawberry farm and enjoy freshly picked strawberries and strawberry juice.
- Visit the Ambewela farm which is a well-known dairy farm just outside on NuwaraEliya.
Day 08 – NuwaraEliya / Ella (Train ride) / in the evening Picnic brunch
From Nanuoya we take the most exciting train rides the country has to offer. The view all the way throughout is fascinating but can get crowded at times although totally worth it. Ella is a small village in valleys of hill country which is favourite among tourists. It offers many exciting hikes and some of the best guest houses and villas in the country.
Activities in Ella
- Hike to Little Adams peak through beautiful tea fields with the view of Ella rock to the side
- Hike to Ella Rock and a lunch picnic with the majestic view from top
Day 09 – Ella / Bentota (madhuganga boat ride + turtle hatchery)
From Ella we head to the south west coast of the island, Bentota. The calm and clean beaches of Bentota make it a perfect getaway compared to some of the most popular destinations. It’s well known for its cinnamon trade and the many activities to keep the traveller enthralled.
Activities in Bentota
- River safari in Madhu ganga through the mangroves perfect for the nature lover
- Visit the turtle conservation project in Kosgoda to witness the true beauty of these endangered species
- Go diving to witness the great corals from Canoe rock, South reef and Hundirangala
Day 10 – Relax on the beach / Night Candle Lit Dinner on the beach
Day 10 is dedicated for relaxation and romantic atmosphere as we arrange a candle lit dinner on the beach as you gaze into the night. Enjoy some of the best seafood freshly made from the day catch right to the table and experience the best local cuisine.
Day 11 – Bentota / Negombo
From Bentota we head to the final destination, Negombo. Although maintaining the beach atmosphere, Negombo has something totally unique to offer, with its crowded main streets and vibrant night life. It is also known as “Little Rome” and has a personality second to none.
Activities in Negombo
- Enjoy a calm boat trip to Negombo lagoon
- Visit the main fish market
- Wind down in the Negombo beach and enjoy some music with a local brew
Day 12 – Negombo / Departure
Negombo is situated minutes away from the airport and we end the journey by sending you off with a heavy heart. Sri Lanka awaits your return to make more unforgettable memories.